Because data can be extremely telling, we thought the rest of the industry could benefit from what our editors are seeing on the back end—that is, what event pros are really staying on top of right now. Consider this monthly list your own insider pulse on the event and meeting industry.
1. Cannes Lions 2022: How Top Brands Drew Attention at the Jam-Packed Festival of Creativity
For the first in-person festival since 2019, brands like Meta, Pinterest, Reddit, and Spotify drew attention through design-forward yachts, cabanas, and beachside activations.
2. VidCon 2022: 35 Clever Ideas for Trade Show Booths and Brand Activations From the Convention’s Big Return
Brands like Meta, Prime Video, YouTube, Mars, and Nickelodeon engaged guests through multi-story trade show booths, unique photo ops, and even a 40-foot gumball machine.
3. Coachella 2022: Peek Inside the Festival’s Buzziest Parties & Brand Activations
Brands like Absolut, Spotify, American Express, NYLON, DIRECTV, and HP celebrated the festival’s triumphant return with eye-catching, out-of-the-box activations and parties.
4. 12 Cool Event Ideas You May Have Missed From Michelle Obama, CBS, American Theatre, and More
Here’s a look at the steal-worthy ideas we spotted in June 2022.
5. Come on Barbie, Let’s Go Party: How This Experiential Agency Created a Barbie Dream House for Forever21
Here, see how experiential agency Coffee ‘n Clothes turned a private Los Angeles residence into an IRL Barbie Dream House to celebrate the launch of Forever21’s Barbie Summer 2022 Collection.
6. How Hotels Are Leaning Into Unconventional Experiences to Bring Back Group Business
Hotels and other event venues are promoting wellness, accessibility, and unconventional experiences to help incentivize companies to book in-person gatherings.
7. Byte Size: Restaurants Are Serving Up NFTs to Diners. Here’s Why.
Some big-name chefs, restaurateurs, and entrepreneurs are trying to transform the industry with innovative concepts and exclusive perks for tech-forward patrons.
8. An Event Prof’s Oasis: See Inside BizBash and Hubilo’s Yacht Activation at Cannes Lions
We teamed up with the event tech platform to host “the ultimate trade show booth” during this year’s Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
9. ESSENCE Festival 2022: See Inside New Activations and Its Evolving Event Strategy
The annual event expanded its footprint with more experiences this year, including a spot for men.
10. 20 Trade Show Booth Ideas We Love—and Why They Worked
Want your trade show booth to stand out on a crowded show floor? Follow this advice.
11. Ditch the Pretzels: See Inside This Gourmet Dinner Hosted Aboard a Retired Boeing 747
American Express and Delta celebrated the launch of its new credit card design with a unique experience.
12. SXSW 2022: How Brands Drew Attention at the Festival’s Big Return IRL
The 10-day festival and conference returned to Austin this year, drawing creative brand activations and events from the likes of Slack, Peacock, Cheetos, Samsung, and more. Here’s a look at some highlights.
13. Tech Support: A Closer Look at NFT.NYC and How Non-Fungible Tokens are Shaping the Future of Event Tech
Over the course of four days, NFT.NYC took over Manhattan to unite the global NFT community and advance the adoption of blockchain technology. Here, BizBash breaks down what that means and highlights the top gatherings from the four-day event.
14. What’s New in Meetings and Trade Shows: VidCon Returns, TED Launches Speakers Bureau, Seattle’s Convention Developments, and More
BizBash rounds up the latest news related to meetings, trade shows, and CVBs/DMOs.
15. A Distillery in the Metaverse? Why This Bourbon Brand Went Viral
Angel’s Envy recently unveiled its IRL brand home expansion—along with a corresponding distillery experience in Decentraland.