IAAPA, the global association for the attractions industry, has announced a packed schedule of events for this year. With a range of summits and expos taking place around the world, attractions industry professionals will be able to network, share ideas, hear from expert speakers and learn best practices.
“IAAPA has always been focused on providing opportunities for members to connect, grow and succeed, and that has never been more important,” said Jakob Wahl, chief operating officer, IAAPA.
“As a global association, we understand the importance of hosting events where members operate and conduct business, providing opportunities locally as well as internationally. This year’s comprehensive calendar is already filled with connections, education and hands-on events and we look forward to providing the outstanding service and experience IAAPA events are known for.”
IAAPA in-person & virtual events for 2022
For a full list, including IAAPA webinars, you can visit the IAAPA calendar of events here. Highlights for 2022 include:
- IAAPA FEC Summit 2022. Scottsdale, Arizona, USA. 23 – 25 January. This meeting of global FEC operators will be an opportunity to share ideas, build skills and discuss challenges.
- IAAPA Safety Institute. Virtual. 8 – 9 February. Attendees will learn introductory-level safety concepts for attractions operators during this two day, interactive online programme.
- Meet IAAPA: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. 15 February. Hosted by the Vancouver Aquarium, attendees will be able to network with peers as well as connecting with those attending the SafeConnect Conference.
- IAAPA Institute for Attractions Managers. Virtual. 15 February – 3 March. This is the industry’s leading professional development programme, aimed at those with five or less years of experience in attractions management. The digital course takes place over six days, for two and a half hours per day, and is presented in Spanish.
- IAAPA Middle East Summit 2022. Dubai, United Arab Emirates. 21 – 23 February. Taking place during Expo 2020 Dubai, this event will give insights into the latest trends in the region.
- Meet IAAPA: Mexico City, Mexico. 3 March. This will be an opportunity for attractions industry professionals in the region to connect and share experiences.
- Meet IAAPA: Sao Paulo, Brazil. 9 March. Hosted by IAAPA Latin American and the Caribbean, this networking session will prompt informal discussions of industry trends.
- Meet IAAPA: Cancun, Mexico. 10 March. A networking event for the attractions industry in Mexico.
- IAAPA Summit: Latin America, Caribbean, and Post Tour 2022. Summit: 25 – 27 April, Iguazu, Brazil. Post Tour: 28 – 29 April, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. This is a chance for attendees to connect with the industry in this region, followed by a behind-the-scenes tour of leading attractions.
- IAAPA EMEA Spring Summit 2022. Rome, Italy, 18 – 20 May. As well as exchanging ideas and learning about the latest trends in the region, attendees will visit local attractions.
- IAAPA Expo Asia 2022. Hong Kong SAR, China. Conference: 7 – 10 June. Trade Show: 8 – 10 June. The leading attractions industry event for the region returns to Hong Kong, where suppliers will showcase the latest products and services and members can attend a range of educational events.
- IAAPA Conference: Latin America, Caribbean. Cancun, Mexico. 6 – 7 September. This will be an opportunity to network and share ideas for the future of the industry.
- IAAPA Expo Europe 2022. London, UK. Conference: 12 – 15 September. Trade Show: 13 – 15 September. At the largest gathering of attractions industry professionals in Europe, attendees will learn from expert speakers and discover the latest offerings from suppliers.
- IAAPA Expo 2022. Orlando, Florida. Conference: 14 – 17 November. Trade Show: 15 – 18 November. To finish the year, members from around the world will return to the OCCC in Orlando to take part in educational sessions, tours and networking events, as well as to explore the large trade show floor.
Event details are subject to change, and more events will be announced throughout the year.
Last month, IAAPA revealed more information ahead of February’s Middle East Summit. The three-day event will include a range of IAAPA EDUSessions and EDUTours.