In July 2021, Retreat entered into a long-term ground lease with the Georgia Agricultural Exposition Authorit y (“GAEA”) for a site on the GNFA, adjacent to the Miller Murphy Howard Convention Center. The site abuts I-75 with significant daily traffic counts, while the GNFA attracts approximately one million visitors per year.
The second brand, TownePlace Suites by Marriott, is designed to appeal to longer stay travelers who want to feel at home and stay productive. The design offers guests extraordinary value and features modern spacious suites with full kitchens, larger public spaces and a complimentary hot breakfast. The décor expresses today’s design trends with an emphasis on comfort and creating a sense of well-being. With nearly 500 TownePlace Suites by Marriott hotels in North America, the hotel is an important component of Marriott’s portfolio.
While there will be two hotel flags, there will be only one building with a shared lobby and shared amenities. Fairfield guestrooms will be featured on one side of the hotel, while TownePlace Suites rooms will be located on the other side.
“We’re proud to partner with Marriott again on another dual-brand project,” sai d JJ Singh, president of Retreat Hotels & Resorts. “Following on the success of our dual-brand Marriott project on Jekyll Island, we see opportunities for synergies as a developer, and a streamlined, enhanced experience for our guests. The Fairgrounds are a special place, and we’ve got the perfect brands to match.”
“The Georgia National Fairgrounds is a first-class venue for competitions, conventions, entertainment, exhibitions, meetings, trade shows, and related events, all in one facility,” said GNFA Executive Director Stephen Shimp. “Now we look forward to providing first-class accommodations, and welcoming these two powerful Marriott brands, under one roof.”
“We’re pleased to partner with Retreat Hotels and the GNFA for this wonderful dual-brand hotel,” said Chris DiBenedetto, Vice President of Lodging Development for Marriott International. “These two powerful brands make for a compelling dual-branded property and we’re excite d about all the potential we see here in Perry, and at the Fairgrounds.”
About Georgia Agricultural Exposition Authority
On July 1, 1985 legislation passed creating the Georgia Agricultural Exposition Authority (“GAEA”).
The main objectives were:
- To provide a facility for youth organizat ions to exhibit, learn and compete
- To provide a facility where agricultural organizations could stage presentations, promotions, and exhibits
- To establish a state-owned, statewide agricultural fair
- To develop a facility that would generate revenue and benefit state economy
The GAEA’s mission is to:
- Showcase Georgia’s agriculture/agribusiness
- Promote the agricultural achievements of Georgia’s young people
- Provide a center for diverse activities to benefit the state’s economy
- Stage and promote a statewide fair to accomplish one or more of the above
About Marriott International
Offering the most powerful portfolio in the lodging industry, our 30 brands and 7,000+ properties across 131 countries and territories give people more ways to connect, experience and expand their world. Since our founding in 1927, we have achieved business success in large part due to our culture, which we believe is one of our greatest competitive assets. Marriott has always been a place where people find opportunity, community, and purpose. It is a place where people feel inspired to excel and innovate, to create unforgettable memories for our guests, and to serve as stewards of our communities. Travel with us as we expand our world, improve the communities we serve and open doors to new opportunities.
About Retreat Hotels
Retreat Hotels & Resorts turns striking visions into reality by developing, owning, and operating hotels where travelers can escape, recharge, and leave invigorated, and refreshed.
Retreat Hotels & Resorts has a three-fold mission:
- Create an unrivaled guest experience, where guests return year after year.
- Be a responsible member of the community and proactively protect and preserve the environment.
- Provide a warm and inviting place to work where hard work, creativity, and ethical practices are rewarded–a place where employees want a career that can last a lifetime.
For more information, visit:www.retreathotels.com